Note: this post is going to be "featured" i.e. pinned to the top of my blog, because I've gotten some new traffic recently and I would like to call attention to my writing. To read new posts, continue down the page.
ABOUT MY BOOKS AND STORIES
The L.A. Stories are novella-length modern romances - they average 21,000 words. They feature adult situations, language, and themes. Rights available!
- Getting Off: (2012) two female friends compare notes on dating and make an unexpected discovery. A F/F love story. **2018 edition now available!** get "Getting Off"
- All the Bars on Sunset: (2012) a lounge lizard falls hard for a salsa dancer **2018 edition now available!** get "All the Bars on Sunset"
- Chrome: (2012) a Japanese-American designer takes a semi-pro dancer by surprise **2018 edition now available!** get "Chrome"
- The Continental: (2012) a young ballroom instructor meets the man of her dreams. There's only one problem: he lives on the other side of the planet **2018 edition now available!** get "The Continental"
- Beat: (2013) a retired fighter and a younger draftsman walk into a bar in West Hollywood ... a M/M love story **2018 edition now available!** get "Beat"
- Chai at Midnight: (2013) an Indian expat and an African-American club owner decide love is worth some changes **2018 edition now available!** get "Chai at Midnight"
- Speed Date: (2013) an up-and-coming DJ is ready to settle down, and finds his match where he least expects to **2018 edition now available!** get "Speed Date"
- Set Dressing: (2014) a designer with trust issues and a set decorator with a history find common ground **2018 edition now available!** get "Set Dressing"
- Mating Dance: (2014) how much older is too much? a ballroom pro and a younger actor figure it out **2018 edition now available!** get "Mating Dance"
- Benchwork: (2015) an L.A. doctor's plan to deal with her biological clock takes off on a tangent when she meets a widowed jeweler **2018 edition now available!** get "Benchwork"
- Vintage: (2016) a young attorney and an independent wine consultant decide to take a second chance on love **2018 edition now available!** get "Vintage"
- The Whole Truth: (2018) a friendly work relationship between two attorneys evolves rapidly after a tango get "The Whole Truth"
- Toward Love: (2018) two actors assigned a showmance fall headlong into real love get "Toward Love"
- Exposure: (2018) a Broadway veteran and a TV actor play the long game, and play it for keeps. A M/M love story. get "Exposure"
- Green Man Walking: (2018) an industry pro and a dancer find that working on a project together takes them from "maybe" to "forever". get "Green Man Walking"
- A Random Sequence: (2018) two lottery winners, a wildfire, and dancing on the beach: what could be more L.A.? get "A Random Sequence"
- Drawn Out: (2018) an animation artist and a filmmaker meet at a festival and knock each other for a loop. How do they move forward when the whole world seems to be watching? get "Drawn Out"
Novellas 1-3, 4-6 and 7-9 are collected in paperback and for Kindle.
The Exiles was my first-completed book. It is a long historical romance, set during the French Revolution, with some of the action taking place in France and the rest in England. get "The Exiles"
Discovered is a follow-up, not precisely a sequel, to The Exiles. The action here is all in England and features an inter-class relationship. I'm particularly proud of this one. get "Discovered"
Home Sweet Home is a contemporary romance set in the 1980s. get "Home Sweet Home"
Million Dollar Death is a mystery with two points-of-view: one, the director of a stage play; the other, the police officer investigating the death of one of her cast members. Set in the modern day in Los Angeles, this novel is related to the L.A. Stories. **2018 edition now available!** get "Million Dollar Death"
The novels are also available in paperback or for Kindle.
THE OTHER STUFF
"What Went Down" is a stage play, basis for the production described in Million Dollar Death. A project in the works is creating sheet music for the songs in this play. Both formats.
and finally ...
"Other Voices: Social Commentary in the Novels of Frances Burney" was my master's thesis. It looks at the ways this very successful, highly-placed Englishwoman managed to say a lot of things that most women in her position wouldn't have dared to. I don't have an image for this particular book, but it is available for Kindle e-readers and in paperback from Amazon.